Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Life as a Single Mom

Well this week I am getting great pratice for when Rob leaves in March. His job is so tough, and he wakes to leave at 430am and is home between 8 and 9 pm. So I am trying to make it my "practice" for March. It's easier to think that he is gone now, so that I can get re-adjusted back to life as a single mom, but this round it will be with TWO babies and ZERO family around. I can do it. I will just be so lonely once again for my husband. I might not see much sun this year...but it will be easy as pie ;) so I keep telling myself anyways. His job will be harder..being in a warzone and completely away from watching his children grow and missing out on milestones and raising them. My heart would break to be away from my babies. How it saddens me to think he must go through this a FOURTH time. I love my husband, and I am so greatly proud of him. My family IS my heart.

On another note. Gavin is 3 months old today! He has started batting at toys, can roll to one side (specifically his right side), and is starting to enjoy splashing in the bath. It is such fun to watch a baby learn his surroundings. He smiles if I just look at him. Reilly is such a fantastic big brother...he loves to dangle toys over him and trys to cover him up with blankets and tries to put a hat on him..its so cute to watch them! I am SOOO blessed to be a stay at home mom, to be the person that raises my own children. I hope I dont screw it up!
Well, with January and the new year, it brings a new semester of school..I am only taking 2 classes this time around, with Rob leaving, I want to make sure I can handle it.

I try to cram all my errands into one or 2 days..being its a lot to pack up the kids to go out..with breastfeeding gavin..changing diapers...working with rei's naps.. the snow..etc..whew.. So tomorrow will be errand day.
I have to go to the DMV once AGAIN to try and get a Colorado license. I also have to go to Back to the Basics, to pick up our raw goat's milk. Its just a sample..and Im afraid I will hate it.. but I know the benefits would so greatly appreciated! If I do end up gagging over it (LOL) ..Next Ill try the raw cows milk..but Id much rather stick with the goats. I also need to run by the post office as well... we will see if that happens! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment